Wednesday, May 4, 2011

artin' & fartin'

So this weekend was Arts & Jazz, which if you're not from my wonderful hometown (bye haters), is exactly what it sounds like: arts and jazz. And booze, really bad for you but kickass food and running into people you know because literally everyone in Denton is there. Bryan and I went both Friday and Saturday, where I proceeded to get a $4 cup of beer (what is that shit? idek know. I should've done like everyone else and brought my own in.) and then we ran into some of our friends who happened to have a Camelbak backpack full of rum. Can I get a hell yeah? So in my slightly drunk wandering, I found a booth full of totally fucked up looking art by a guy who's name escapes me now and who's card I don't have on me. I saw this and knew, just knew I had to have it.
yes, yes that is my #1 hero Hunter S. Thompson. I can't get over how amazing and cool it is. I. Just. Can't.

SPEAKING OF COOL, my mother's day present came! I had one of my favorite gals paint me portraits of our two dogs and they are the best. THE BEST.
I love them so much. She's so fucking talented. It really makes me want to start being artsy again since I'm supposed to be an art major and all (and since I'm supposed to be making something for someone...). And hopefully I can get all this math caught up by next week so I don't get dropped for a semester. I can't bare the shame or embarrassment of being a failure. Pray circle for me y'all!

2 comments: